- PRODUCT: Revlon Photoready Primer, Shadow + Sparkle
- PROS: Silky texture, easy to blend, great pigment, price.
- CONS:…none that I can think of. Not a huge fan of the “sparkle” shade, but that’s personal preference.
A few months ago, I got a Revlon Photoready Primer, Shadow + Sparkle palette in a gift bag from an event. Whoever put this in whatever gift bag I received: thanks!
It took me a while to try this palette out for two reasons:
1) I’m a snob (admittedly not just about beauty products…) so I had rather low expectations of an eyeshadow by a drugstore beauty brand.
2) As a beauty expert, I didn’t really think that I needed a palette to tell me where to put my eyeshadow thank you very much.
Once I tried the palette, I was pleasantly surprised (as I have been by all Revlon products that I’ve tried lately, they’re seriously upping their game)! The first thing that I noticed was the texture and quality of the shadows; they’re silky, easy to blend and have a lot of pigment to them.
The second thing that I noticed was that the palette did actually make application a bit easier (even for a cocky beauty writer who thinks she knows everything about beauty…). It’s nice to not have to think about which shade to apply where, although you don’t have to follow the guide exactly—after all, there really are no rules in makeup.
The palette that I tried out was #520 “Watercolours”, and while I likely wouldn’t use the sparkly pink on a regular basis, the rest of the colours are subtle and pretty. I followed the palette exactly in terms of what to put where and came up with this look.
WARNING: I’m not the type of blogger who posts a million photos of herself, mostly because I am the worst selfie-taker in the world and hate being in photos. That being said, I did take a few shots so you could see the look…sigh, the things I do for you beautiful readers.
I also used one of my favourite Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils in 6L to add a little more definition around the lash line, plus a couple of coats of black mascara.